* Flexible, low-latency mixing engine—Work with high-performance audio devices that use the ASIO driver model. Mix your tracks on the fly, hearing changes as you make them. The mixing engine offers tremendous routing flexibility with support for all the effects you want, and VSTi virtual instrument support means even greater sonic variety, flexibility, and precision.
* Integrated wave-editing view with Mastering Rack—Record and edit individual audio files with fast, accurate tools that are also tightly integrated with the Multitrack View for an improved workflow. Use the Mastering Rack to apply and preview multiple effects simultaneously when working with files in Edit View. Quickly edit how your file starts and ends by zooming in with the Top and Tail View, and then adjust with on-clip controls for volume and fades.
* Unmatched audio restoration tools including frequency space editing—Restore recordings from old vinyl, remove hisses and hums, fix clipped audio and phase problems, and recover previously unusable recordings. Editing in frequency space has become more flexible with the new Effects Paintbrush tool and Spot Healing Brush.
* More than 50 included DSP effects and tools—Work with more than 50 digital signal processing (DSP) tools and effects, mastering and analysis tools, and audio restoration features. Expand your toolset even further with support for third-party VST and DirectX plug-ins.
* Loop-based music creation with thousands of included royalty-free loops—Use flexible looping tools to quickly construct high-quality music for songs or movie soundtracks. Loops automatically match global session tempo and key to produce dynamic compositions. Thousands of uncompressed, 32-bit, royalty-free loops are included.
* Audio editing for video, including unmatched integration with Adobe video software— Edit video soundtracks easily with the ability to view video frames in the timeline and import and export video files, including AVI, native DV, and WMV. Use Edit Original to quickly open an audio file’s source session from within Adobe Premiere® Pro software.
* Support for industry standards, including VST, VSTi, DirectX, ReWire, and BWF—Easily integrate Adobe Audition into your overall workflow thanks to broad support for industrystandard formats and models.
* Recordable parameter automation, including external hardware support—Move volume, pan, and effects controls as you listen, and record those changes to your mix in real time. Your changes appear as envelopes that can be edited in the timeline. Real-time parameter changes can also be made using an external hardware controller.
* Surround Encoder—Use the Surround Encoder to view a video while keyframing or editing any multitrack mix into a 5.1 surround-sound experience, and then export the results as an interleaved file for use in Adobe Premiere Pro.
* Intuitive, easy-to-learn user interface—Enjoy an updated, easy-to-use interface that is consistent with that found in the latest versions of Adobe video applications. Use workspace panels that can dock and group for easy desktop organization, and save panel arrangements as custom workspaces that can be recalled easily.